Staircases are an essential part of the interior that affects the whole ambiance of your house. Top interior design companies properly select the use of space in the best possible manner. In this article, you will find different types of staircases, each with its own set of benefits and drawbacks, to fit your residential or commercial purpose and your budget.
Types of Staircases for your Home or Business
- Straight staircases – These stairs are indeed most common and make a popular, and cost-effective choice out of the other available options. These stairs can be easily constructed because of their uniformity in shape and size. One of the drawbacks of these stairs is that they take up a lot of space, and the ceilings should be pretty high for its placement. It is best suited for minimalist homes.
- Winder staircases- They are an excellent choice for modern houses because their installation is easy without worrying about large spaces. But they should be adequately built with precise measurements as these stairs change the direction without landings. They are beautiful and are primarily for homes.
- Spiral staircases- Spiral staircases are unique and exciting because of their design. There are also various designs available for railings for a more beautiful appearance. They require little space and very easy with the installation. But these stairs are not for frequent uses because of their structure and also not for more than one person at a time.
- Curved staircases- They are an excellent choice for both home and business for creating an attractive entrance. They are challenging to build and are quite expensive. Curved staircases are relatively easy to walk, and their structure fits any space.
- L Shaped staircases- These stairs are difficult to build, but they give your home an extraordinary look. They make a 90-degree turn and have landed in the middle that reduces the risk of falling down the entire staircase. Because of the difficulty in its construction, handrails are also a bit difficult to build.
Selecting the perfect staircase
With unending varieties of staircases and their designs, it becomes quite tough to select the right staircase according to your needs. The following essential tips will make your task a bit easier.
- While selecting the right staircase, it’s becomes a lot more crucial to find its purpose in your home. If you want to use the stairs frequently for ups and downs, it’s better to avoid curved and spiral staircases.
- The next important thing to keep in mind is your budget. How much you want to spend and how much you can spend are two different questions which help you to plan better.
- Another thing to consider is the safety measures with each of the varieties. If you have senior citizens or children at your home, then proper style with easy climbing and safety railings are of utmost importance.
Look onlinefor more choices and take proper time before selecting the Best interior design for staircases.